We are members of The Painting and Decorating Association, the industry’s
leading quality assurance organisation. The PDA ensures our clients receive
work of the highest standard, and provides them with peace of mind
Code of practice:
1. Members of the Association shall at all times so order their conduct as to uphold the integrity, and to carry out work in accordance with good practice and recognised standards, of the painting and decorating industry and pay particular regard to the maintenance and observance of this Code.
2. (i) A member firm shall submit a written quotation for work to be undertaken, unless the work is of such intricate a nature as to preclude the submission of a fair quotation; in such cases, it should be pointed out to the client that it would be to the advantage of both parties if the work were to be carried out on a day work basis.
(ii) In such cases, prior to the commencement of any work, the client should be informed of the day work rates for labour and materials; daywork sheets and/or fully costed timesheets should be presented to the client if so requested.
(iii) A member firm shall be under no obligation to submit an estimate merely for establishing the value of an insurance or other claim; but if an estimate is submitted for such purpose, a fee may be charged therefor.(iv) Any quotation submitted shall be fair to both parties and shall be such as to yield a reasonable profit for a fair job.
3. (i) A member firm shall so conduct its business that all work shall be executed by competent workmen and apprentices under proper supervision. Employees shall be paid fair wages in accordance with rates agreed by the Construction Industry Joint Council.
(ii) A member firm shall, if so requested, make recommendations as to the materials to be used, such materials to be of good quality and to be used in accordance with the makers’ recommendations.
4. A member firm shall arrange, and at all times maintain, adequate insurance cover in respect of employers’ liability, public liability and any such other liability risks as may be determined necessary by the type of work undertaken.
5. (i) A member firm shall always recommend to the client a method of treatment which will give a good and lasting job. When working to a specification, the terms thereof shall be faithfully carried out. When asked to recommend a specification, a member firm shall recommend one which shall be adequate for its purpose.
(ii) The attention of the client or his representative shall be drawn to any apparent shortcomings which exist in a specification, but no responsibility will be accepted for work which the client has requested to be carried out in direct conflict with the member firm’s professional advice.
(iii) Having complied with clause 5, no member firm shall have any responsibility for an inadequate specification prepared by a professional architect or surveyor.
6. A member firm ought not to be expected, without financial compensation, to rectify matters which are not its responsibility.
7. A member firm shall guarantee its work against failures due to its defective workmanship for a period of six months from the date of completion of the work.
8. A member firm should display on its premises wherever practical, the Association symbol to publicise the observance of the Code of Practice. Member firms should also display the Association symbol on company letterheads, transport, and in media advertisements. Member firms should also make this Code of Practice Statement available for inspection.
9. A member firm shall ensure that the advertising or promotion of its services is accurate.
10. A member firm shall comply with the regulations laid down in respect of its work by the Health & Safety Executive.
11. Members undertake to adopt a responsible attitude in ensuring a properly trained workforce, and due recognition of good practice in matters pertaining to the environment and equal opportunities.
12. The Painting and Decorating Association which sponsors the Code, provides a clients’ advisory service with conciliation and arbitration arrangements, available to help resolve any disputes which arise between member firms and their clients.
We at All Seasons Decorating Services provide our clients with quality assurance, by complying with the Painting & Decorating Association’s high standards. We are subjected to random checks to ensure the services we provide are kept at impeccable standards.
Should you wish to contact us, please do so by following this link.